|Logan/Beenleigh area, Queensland|
This is believed to be the Logan non-vested (non-Government funded) school, established in 1870, in what school inspectors described, at the time, as a 'new, well-ventilated, and roomy building'.
The structure also was used as a place of worship.
One teacher was employed to teach 58 children. He was reported to be 'painstaking and conscientious', but the level of attainment was regarded as very low, caused by the irregular attendance. Among the subjects offered, geography, writing and spelling were regarded as 'especially imperfect'.